Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reading Response 1/12/12

I am currently reading Cold Fire by Dean Koontz. One reason I like this book is because it seems like a movie. It seems like a movie to me because it has good descriptions and a lot of action. One way that it shows action is by the pace the story is written. For example in one of the scenes in the beginning the main character James Ironheart was running at full speed because in the story he feels when danger is coming but he doesn't know exactly how it will happen. so while he was running full speed the book described every feature and all of the things that was going on. It reminded me of a scene in action movies that the show the main character running in slow motion.  The author Dean Koontz is very specific about everything that is going on. I think that it will be hard to find a moment this book that i didn't know what was going on. Right now I am on page 92 and I have no  idea what will happen in the future. This story also has a lot of suspense. These are the reasons that I like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment