Tuesday, June 19, 2012

    My story Warriors don't Cry is about a girl that suffered alot of racism and she didn't lose her pride. For example the main character Melba went to school with almost everyone was white. They told her words like Negro and no blacks allowed. I think this is wrong because I don't think the people in the book would like it if they made racist comments about them. I have also experienced racism too in my life, and people sayng mean stuff.
 
Melba is a brave person because she knows that people will be willing to injure her. She reminds me alot of Martin Luther King Jr because they both wanted peace and they wanted everything to be equal. They got hit by many weapons and like Martin Luther King Jr she kept on fighting for what was right. This has alot to do with history because in the 50's and 60's it has been like the book with alot of racism.
 
 I have also experienced racism, I know that because I have been refered to as a hispanic and people saying things that were rude about my nationality by people who are not part of it. I think that this is also a part of bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment