Wednesday, June 20, 2012

After reading Warriors don't cry I have noticed that when people are by themselves people actually dare to hurt others more than if the people were in groups. I think this is true because in the beginning of the story Melba the main character was running because she was being chased by a white man who she thinks wanted to rape her. If she was with somebody I think there would have been less of a chance.

Another reason I think this is true is because in the middle of the book a black student in the same school as melba named Minnijean was by himself and was getting bullied by a group of white people in his school, then the person that gets in trouble is him 1 beacuse he was alone and nobody was there to support him. 2. because he is an African American, racism was a big issue in those times. Minnijean was trying to defend himself but nobody could have backed him up even if they wanted to.

Another reason I believe this is because I have seen bullying in groups. For example even in an animal channel I saw a baby buffalo get attacked by a group of lions but when the bigger buffalo's came back the lions hurried off. Another thing related to this that I saw was in the karate kid the newer version. In the Karate Kid the other kids that knew karate were bullying the main character, and beating him up too. But when a karate teacher came and showed them a lesson they backed off.

This is why I think Warriors Don't Cry has to do with many things in real life like bullying in crowds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment