Friday, April 6, 2012

Blogs That I Liked

I like Guadalupe's reading responses because I can tell that she is into the series that she is reading because in her reading responses from January she compared the books after she read them, I think that she also has good structure in writing those responses. For example she writes in her introduction the two ways she feels then writes one paragraph on each reason. In the blog post from January 21 I realized that she wrote a paragraph on why she was right and one on why she was wrong.


I also liked Sofia's response on the Picasso's painting La Vie. I liked it because it looks like it wasn't rushed she stated many facts about Picasso and his journey throughout his painting life. For example she stated when he was born, that he moved from different schools alot. I also liked that she wrote about what she thought was going on in the picture and gave some opinions.


I think that I can improve my blog posts by getting into my books like Guadalupe did by comparing each book from the series,and backing up her statements in her paragraphs. Trying to write blogs with lots of effort like Sofia did by writing many paragraphs and stating how she feels about the topic she is writing about.


Why Plagiarizing Is No Good

Plagiarizing is bad you can get in deep trouble. after reading Ms.Galang's blog post I learned more reasons why plagiarizing is a bad thing to do. Something that the student who plagiarized did wrong was that he/she clearly highlighted a source that they found on the internet. I think that a 13-14 year old person do not have that kind of vocabulary and I also think that if he/she wanted to use the source they could have put it in their own words.


I think one way he can put it in his/her words is like this for instance "There is a peaceful essence flowing from the structures." and in my own words I would say I think there is a certain kind of peacefulness in this painting.


*I think that one way to avoid plagiarizing is reading a text but trying to phrase it in your own words.
*Another way to avoid plagiarizing is by just using a little bit of each source for example if it is a whole paragraph just put the two main sentences in your own words without putting 3 or more words from the actual text.
* Another way to avoid plagiarizing is by using your own knowledge of the topic.


Response on the Article

After reading "Andy Pettitte Pitches An Inning In Yankees Win Over Mets"at http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/. I think that Andy Pettitte will do a big impact coming back to the yankees, I also think that after pitching one inning versus the mets he did good.


One reason I think Andy Pettitte will do a big impact coming back to the yankees is because he won 5 world series while being with the Yankees. He also pitched in the playoffs many times. I believe that the past 3 years the yankees needed better pitchers because C.C Sabathia in my opinion has been by himself as a starting pitcher. Because A.J Burnett in my opinion wasn't a strong pitcher. 


Another reason I think it will be a big impact is because the fans will enjoy it too. I think that the fans will enjoy it because he is one of the Core Four, now 3 of the four will be playing. The Core Four were Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Jorge Posada who retired this year. The reason that they were named the Core Four is because they were they group of teammates to to 17 years together on the same team.


The Reason that I think he did good after pitching one inning verus the mets is because he did not play for after a season and he allowed only one hit and no runs. he also threw 14 pitches and 9 of them were strikes. I think he did a good job for his first time back.


Another reason that I think he did good versus the mets is that Joe Girardi the Yankees Manager said that Andy pettitte did all right and that he will start a few games and se how he does. So I definetly think the Yankees are giving him a chance to officially be a starter. I hope that he can.


I have noticed that Andy Pettitte has a long history with the Yankees and that with the performance he gave versus the mets he can be a big impact coming back to the Yankees. 







No comments:

Post a Comment